This privacy statement applies only to customers in the United States. We reserve the right to change this privacy statement at any time. If our privacy statement changes, we will post the revised privacy statement on our website. Please refer to the date at the bottom of the privacy statement to determine the effective date. If you have questions about this statement or need additional information regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (781) 218-9320
Information We Automatically Collect
Categories of Information. We and our third-party service providers (including any third-party content, advertising, and analytics providers) automatically collect certain information from your device or web browser when you interact with the Services to help us understand how our users use the Services and to target advertising to you (which we will refer to in this Privacy Notice collectively as “Usage Data”). For example, each time you visit the Services we and our third-party service providers automatically collect your location, IP address, mobile device identifier or other unique identifiers, browser and computer type, the internet service provider used, clickstream information, access time, the Web page you came from, the URL you go to next, the Web page(s) that you access during your visit and your interaction with the content or advertising on the Services. We may contract with third parties to collect this information on our behalf for analytics purposes. These include companies such as Google.
Purposes For This Information. We and our third-party service providers use such Usage Data for a variety of purposes including to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer the Services, to gather demographic information, and to target advertising to you on the Services and elsewhere online. Accordingly, our third-party advertising networks and ad servers will also provide us with information, including reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked on the Services in a manner that does not identify personally any specific individual. The Usage Data we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Data.
How we use it
We use the information we collect, including Personal Data and Usage Data:
- to enable you to use our Services, to create an account or profile, to process the information you provide via our Services (including verifying that your email address is active and valid), and to process your transactions;
- to provide related customer service and care, including responding to your questions, complaints, or comments and sending surveys and processing survey responses;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested;
- to offer SMS text message mobile alerts for specific purposes;
- to offer an “Email This” feature that allows visitors to email a link to another person to inform them about an article or feature on the Sites. We do not retain telephone numbers or email addresses collected for these purposes after sending the SMS text message or email;
- to receive and process job applications for jobs with us;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that we otherwise believe will interest you, including special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to tailor content, recommendations, and advertisements we and third parties display to you, both on the Services and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes, such as to improve our Services and content;
- to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, promotions, conferences, and special events (collectively “Events”). Information collected through our Sites in conjunction with such Events is also used for marketing additional products, services, and events by us and/or by our advertisers, sponsors, and marketing partners. Please see the rules of each individual Event and any applicable privacy policies for those Events for additional information on the choices you may exercise with respect to the use of your personal information collected in connection with that Event. To the extent there is a conflict between this Privacy Notice and the rules or policies applicable to an Event, the rules and policies associated with the Event shall govern.
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
- for purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your information and as further described in this Privacy Notice
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract of which the User is part, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Skytop Digital LLC responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings.
There currently is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Therefore, like many websites and online services, the Services do not alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
We use other companies under agreements with us to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Services. These companies collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, and subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Services and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. In addition, we share with these third parties any personal information you voluntarily provide, such as an email address, in response to an advertisement or sponsored content link, or public information.
Skytop Digital LLC & Advertising Creative Work
As a creative agency, our creative work and projects over the years consist of projects that may be featured on a local, regional and global basis—hired by current and former affiliated companies, third parties, marketing agencies outsourced to our agency, community partners, white-labeled project work for hundreds of clients, and industries outsourced to our agency directly or indirectly. As a creative agency, we retain the right to feature all creative works.
Recurring Credit Card Authorization
You authorize regularly scheduled recurring charges to your credit card for subscriptions, and services provided. You will be charged the amount indicated below each billing period. A receipt for each payment will be provided to you upon request and the charge will appear on your credit card statement. You agree that no prior notification will be provided unless the date or amount changes, in which case you will receive notice from us at least 10 days prior to the payment being collected.
I understand that this authorization will remain in effect until I cancel it at any time, within my account created or in writing, and I agree to notify Skytop Digital LLC in writing of any changes in my account information or termination of this authorization at least 15 days prior to the next billing date. If the above-noted payment dates fall on a weekend or holiday, I understand that the payments may be executed on the next business day. I acknowledge that the origination of Credit Card transactions to my account must comply with the provisions of U.S. law. I certify that I am an authorized user of this Credit Card and will not dispute these scheduled transactions or marketing services rendered and provided; so long as the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in this authorization form.